Traffic Manager | REF:0217
Our client was founded with a simple premise; to be truly effective in a digital world, marketers needed to understand how to use data to inform their campaigns, how to use technology to engage the audiences they wanted to reach and then how to create content that would drive interest. In short, they believe that Data, Technology and Content are the three agents of change when delivering effective marketing today.
Building on that thinking, they have seen incredible success and are now operating in London, New York and San Francisco delivering campaigns that really work.
As a result of their continued growth, they are looking for a traffic manager to join their busy team . The traffic manager will be responsible for ensuring the timely, efficient and productive scheduling and trafficking of projects from their offices across the globe helping support their account and specialist teams. This role is critical to ensuring the successful delivery of projects on budget and on time against client deadlines.
You are someone who likes to run a tight ship but also understands that flexibility is key in a busy agency environment with changing client demands. You are someone who is able to keep their cool who can quickly prioritise work that is time critical. You will be a natural mediator. Your organisation skills will be second to none. You must love solving problems, be adept at anticipating changing workloads and happy to work with Digital natives and Client Services alike. You will be passionate about ensuring standards and quality across all client output.
You will work closely with their account teams and their specialist teams, with a focus on their creative studio and marketing automation practice, to ensure the efficient delivery of projects.
You will be responsible for identifying the resources needed to fulfill projects and managing a pool of staff, contractors and freelancers, to assign the right talent to the right work. Once projects are in flight you will make sure teams are focused on the right activities and that work is running to agreed timelines. You will identify any potential causes of delay early, and act to resolve any issues and help teams troubleshoot where necessary.
You should have the initiative, confidence and persistence to instill best practices in project management, the communication skills to consult stakeholders (both internally and externally) and the time-management skills to juggle multiple projects and prioritise requests for our teams. You will be highly organised, resourceful and accountable.
In order to be considered for this role you must have the following skills:
- 3+years in a project or traffic management experience at a marketing or creative agency.
- Excellent organisational skills
- An understanding of project management methodologies, processes and tools, including job scoping, management, staffing and resource allocaation.
- A working knowledge of Jira and Avaza is preferred but not required.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workloads whilst also adapting quickly and intelligently to changing demands
- Ability to multi-task
- Have clear communication skills and ability to communicate with people at all levels of the business up to Senior Management
- Have a keen attention to detail
- Excellent people management
- Be methodical and logical
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Problem solving
- Be a strong team player, with an enthusiastic/proactive/flexible approach to getting jobs done
Salary up to £35k plus additional benefits.